Go To Search
How Do I
Click to Home
Hudson Connection
City of Hudson
505 3rd Street
Hudson, WI  54016-1694
Ph: 715-386-4765
Fx: 715-386-0804

Alcohol Licensing

Please contact the City Clerk Jennifer Rogers for questions and clarifications on alcohol licensing issues.

Jennifer Rogers, City Clerk
715-386-4765, ext. 140

No person shall vend, sell, deal or traffic in or, for the purpose of evading any law or ordinance, give away any intoxicating liquor or fermented malt beverage or cause the same to be done without having procured a license as provided in the City's Municipal Code.

An application for a license to sell or deal in intoxicating liquor shall be made in writing on the form prescribed by law and shall be sworn to by the applicant as provided by W.S.A. §§ 887.01 to 887.03 and shall be filed with the Clerk not less than 15 days prior to the granting of such license, except that applications for a temporary license issued under Wis. Stat. § 125.26(6) for an event lasting less than four days, and any operator's license applications associated with said temporary license application shall be filed with the Clerk not less than five business days prior to the granting of said license. 

To qualify for Class “B” beer and “Class C” wine licenses, the premises must be licensed as a restaurant, with the principal business of the establishment being the furnishing of food under the restaurant permit.

A table detailing types of liquor licenses, requirements, fees, availability and links to application forms can be found here.

Additional information is available in Chapter 145 of the City’s Municipal Code

Ordinance 3-14 regarding breweries, wineries, brewpubs and distilleries